Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I'll Always Have Time For Mad Men


Hi friends,
I'm getting hitched this weekend and with all of the shopping, emailing, table arranging to be done, this little blog has been sadly neglected. BUT the need to satiate my Mad Men addiction has taken my attention momentarily away from all the crazy frou frou. Season 4 returns in America on July 25...and I've found a few little video hits that have helped me satisfy my cravings.
The first? Mad Men creatives and actors (some in costume--eek!) discussing Season 4. No doubt this has promted extensive analysis about Joan's fab ensemble and the 'fresh start' for the new advertising firm!
And second -- the most stylish montage of every pick up line ever to have been employed by Roger, Ken, Pete and Peggy! Indeed, it seems that Mad Men is really Peggy's story -- a plucky young woman learns to compete amongst the gents and marks the seeds of change sprouting in the 60s, ready to blossom in the 70s.
OK - my fixation has been fixed. Now, on to creating the dance floor playlist -- Mickey, the Grease Mega-Mix and Brown Eyed Girl are all out. Superstition, Lady Marmalade and Jungle Boogie are ready to go! Speak to you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment